Welcome, my name is Jason Helyar I am married to my beautiful wife Stephanie. I have three wonderful children called Eden, Kai and Hattie. I am passionate about Jesus. I lead worship in my local church and believe faith is something that needs to be lived out. For we are all judged by our actions, rather than our words.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Why not Walk today?

Today I didn't have enough petrol in the car to drive to work, so I walked. I had to leave earlier, but so worth it. When you walk you get time to think about everything that you just don't have time to think about. I don't know about you but i live a very hectic life and time is a very rare commodity.

I have to choice to walk two ways to work. One is much quicker through back streets; and the other is twice as long, but the majority of the walk is through a country park. Today i had left enough time to walk through the park. There is so much beauty to look at nature never let me walk away without feeling more at peace with myself, my situations and the whole of my world. The duck's laughing in the ponds never fail to raise a smile from my face. The dogs getting tangled up with there leads is always amusing too. But the greatest quality is deifnitely the stillness and serenity.

Im not saying the other isn't intresting, it still has a beauty just a different style. The house's have lots of different achitechure which is facinating, and the birds still sing there song in the back streets. I pass some business and the Police Station if i walk the quick way, and they are a visual reminder to pray for their prosperity and biblical principles to be put (or kept) in the structure of the organisation.

But something is for certain when i arrived at work this morning i was not stressed or still half asleep. I had perfect peace and was ready to start the day. I think if we all took time to walk more, we would all be in a better place, mentaly, physicaly and spritually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home