Welcome, my name is Jason Helyar I am married to my beautiful wife Stephanie. I have three wonderful children called Eden, Kai and Hattie. I am passionate about Jesus. I lead worship in my local church and believe faith is something that needs to be lived out. For we are all judged by our actions, rather than our words.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Are we operating in our calling?

We are here on earth for a very short period of time, when you compare a lifetime to eternity. So while we are here we better make it count. I wake up thinking this most mornings, and ask myself the same two questions. Am I where I should be? Am I making a difference? (0r in otherwords "Am I operating in my calling?)

Do you know what, I'm always worried that I'm not. I wonder am I really making difference, and often think surely I could serve the Lord better somewhere else. But do when I recount what I am doing I realize that I actually am making a difference, and more than likely in the right place.

Some one once said "Be prepared to go, but content to stay", I always found the latter the harder. I think because you always think that the fields are greener somewhere else. (but rarely are!). Some good friends of mine have recently been called away from our church, when I first heard that they were leaving I was really upset. But after I had prayed about it, and Jesus had told me quite clearly that it was His will. I was really exciting for them, I was still upset that they were moving but exiting because I knew that God has something awesome for them to do.

I think a good way of indentifying if you are in the right place; is to look at your giftings, and see if you are using them. If you are, you are probably in the right place. If not, it is possible that God may be calling you somewhere else. (If you are unsure what your giftings are ask your friends they will soon tell you what they are)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home