Welcome, my name is Jason Helyar I am married to my beautiful wife Stephanie. I have three wonderful children called Eden, Kai and Hattie. I am passionate about Jesus. I lead worship in my local church and believe faith is something that needs to be lived out. For we are all judged by our actions, rather than our words.

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Bath or Shower?

As you probably know my wife and I recently had a baby girl. She is to awesome for words. As she is breast fed she needs her mum most of the time. But one of my responsibilities as the father is the give her a bath before bedtime.

She loves her baths. We bought her a plastic seat that holds her comfortably in safe position in the bath. Generally she just lies their, looking peacefully around at her surroundings.

Now I am a shower man I love my showers in the morning, in fact I'm pretty useless in the morning if I don't have one. When I was in the shower this morning scrubbing away. I thought about the difference between showering and bathing. In fact it was something my mum, said to me a few months ago. "A shower is a quick way of washing, but you have to scrub and put in the effort to get clean. But in a bath you simply lie their. You can't rush a bath."

Jesus said that we were to come to him with a childlike heart. Now my daughter has no option to have a shower and scrub because she can't even stand up. She has no option but to just lie their, her baths are usually very long.

Don't you think that in this impatient world we live in we try to have a shower with God's presence? (a quick fix) But Jesus said we should be more like my daughter and just bath in God's presence. Not Striving, trying to do the job ourselves. But just be with him, and he will wash away the dirt from this world.

After spending quality time with the Lord we do have a healthy glow, from being washed in Glory. People, even non-Christians notice the difference. Look at Moses after he had been with the Lord, when he returned to the people they couldn't even look at him for his face was shining with the Glory of the Lord.

So lets find the time to have a bath with God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home