Welcome, my name is Jason Helyar I am married to my beautiful wife Stephanie. I have three wonderful children called Eden, Kai and Hattie. I am passionate about Jesus. I lead worship in my local church and believe faith is something that needs to be lived out. For we are all judged by our actions, rather than our words.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Is it God talking or my emotions?

Yesterday I was feeling very down. I was bored and fed up. I had a very uninteresting day at work and the weather was rubbish. So because of this I started to tell myself "Maybe the Lord is promting me to move jobs".

It is amazing how the way we feel often dictates what we think God is saying to us. God is an unchanging God he unlike us isn't controlled by emotions. He is beyond that. God who was and is and is to come is faithful and unchanging, if He wasn't he wouldn't be God.

There are times and seasons, but I believe if God is moving you to a new ministry. He will have already made the paths straight. So it is perfectly clear what you are moving too. Yesterday I wanted a change but I didn't have somewhere to move on too.

Guess what the Sun is out today and I feel much better. I am so glad God is not like me. Do you ever feel like God is talking to you, when its really just your emotions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home