Welcome, my name is Jason Helyar I am married to my beautiful wife Stephanie. I have three wonderful children called Eden, Kai and Hattie. I am passionate about Jesus. I lead worship in my local church and believe faith is something that needs to be lived out. For we are all judged by our actions, rather than our words.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Had a cracking day, yesterday

Yesterday was great. It was the first time I had led worship in 2 months. I had a bit of a break due to the birth of my beautiful daughter.

There is really nothing better in the world, than operating inside your calling. I had spent a lot of time praying about my set for Sunday. I didn't have a band practice so it was a off the cuff job. I found my inspiration where I often do, in the shower. I was singing away and suddenly found myself constructing the set in my head. I had been really searching before in the week for inspiration, but had not found it until then.

I started my set with the first verse of "Praise my Soul the King of Heaven" and then flowed straight into "Praise Him you heavens" and then back to the hymn. It was awesome, as soon as we changed into Praise him you heavens, it felt like the worship went up a level. And then again, when changed back to the hymn. From there on there was a real feeling of the manifest presence of God. It was a great honor to lead that day.

It was certainly one of those times when to hair on the back of my neck started to stand on end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home